Shellfish & Fish
Your safest bet for shellfish is a classic French dry white – Chablis is perfect, but any chilled and very dry white will work equally well. On a hot summer day, prawns and rosé or a light and inexpensive Sparkling wine are perfect companions. Chilled Beaujolais can also be a really different accompaniment to fish.
Top Tips for Shellfish & Fish
- Cod, Halibut, Plaice, Sole, Turbot - Dry white is a winner again but a very light red can work too. Why not chill it?
- Crab - Dry whites and rosés win again – Chablis, Sancerre and Riesling are all great options.
- Scallops - You could try a red; especially if the scallops have a spicy sauce otherwise the dry white rule won't let you down.
- Tuna - Chardonnay, Sancerre, Chablis are great choices. If barbecued, try a fruity red.
- Trout - Try a slightly more aromatic white with a simple baked or grilled trout.