To ensure you've the perfect selection of delicious drinks for you and your guests to enjoy, here's a check list of essential festive tipples.
Wines for Christmas
- Champagne – don't forget to buy a few bottles of fizz – especially if you're planning to toast in the New Year. Sparkling wine is a great alternative if you're on a budget.
- Big, fruity red – if you're going for a traditional roast with all the trimmings choose a big and fruity red – especially if you're having cranberry sauce.
- Port and Sherry – perfect with your Christmas cake and mince pies.
- Sweet wine – great with Christmas pudding ... try a Muscat or Tokaji.
- Everyday wines – if you're planning a party we've got some great value whites and reds to ensure all tastes are satisfied – take a look at our Party Foods and Buffet recommendations.
- White Burgundy – the classic white choice for goose or turkey.