Wine and Cheese may be the classic combination but it's trickier than you think to find the perfect match – especially if you're serving a wide range of different cheeses. If this is the case, go for a mature Spanish red – perfect with almost every style of cheese.
Wines for Cheese
- Mature Cheddar – French or Spanish reds are always a winner.
- Brie or Camembert – Pinot Noir will go down a treat with your guests.
- Goats Cheese – delicious with fine French whites like Chablis or Sancerre.
- Stilton and strong blue cheeses – Port is a classic match but a rich and robust red wine will work well too.
- Mild cheeses – ideal with a chilled Sauvignon Blanc.