With so many different options to choose from, it's actually fun to decide what mood you want to create with your aperitif. Aperitifs are traditionally served before the meal begins but you can continue to serve it with the first course as well.
Your aperitif should be fairly high in acidity in order to make your mouth water. Below you'll find a host of delicious options – to suit any taste or palate.
- Champagne or sparkling wine – always sets the scene for celebration
- Ice cold beer – the classic kick start to any barbecue.
- Dry Sherry – chilled Fino, Manzanilla or nutty Amontillado are great options
- German Riesling – an off-dry option for those with a sweet tooth
- Pinot Grigio – a fantastic choice if you're on a budget